Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Review: Church History

Church History in Plain Language Updated 2nd Edition Church History in Plain Language Updated 2nd Edition by Bruce L. Shelley


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was a long read. Its subject matter is rather dense: the history of the Christian religion from the time of Christ until now (actually late 1990's). It was suggested to me by my LDS World and Christian History teacher. I can see why now.

The chapters are kept short so you can read one a sitting without hassle. Shelley manages to provide a constant onslaught of names, dates, locations, and significances while interweaving stories and keeping it entertaining. I especially enjoyed the look at the 1900's to present and the growing onslaught of secularism.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: